[TuxOnIce-users] Strange hibernate/resume behaviour in Fedora 17 [Correction]

Nigel Cunningham nigel at nigelcunningham.com.au
Thu Oct 25 22:11:15 UTC 2012

Hi.

On 10/26/2012 08:02 AM, Harald Judt wrote:
> Am 25.10.2012 22:55, schrieb Nigel Cunningham:
> [...]
>> If you disable TuxOnIce on a TuxOnIce kernel, you're not getting
>> perfectly vanilla hibernation. The TuxOnIce patch does make a bunch of
>> kernel threads freezable that aren't frozen in the vanilla kernel.
>> Perhaps if I separate that patch out, you'll be able to apply it to a
>> vanilla kernel and see if it makes the vanilla kernel start to resume
>> properly?
>
> Off-topic: Is this also the case with suspend/resume? I've set up
> tuxonice only for hibernation, not for suspend. So am I using vanilla
> suspend/resume now?
>
> I'm asking that because I'm testing suspend/resume code for a module
> at the moment, and would like to know if tuxonice will interfere with
> that.
TuxOnIce uses all the standard driver calls and doesn't modify the
suspend-to-ram code. The only reason there's this difference in what
gets frozen is that upstream haven't yet seen that it's an advantage to
freeze those kernel threads too (and I haven't worked to make the case
well enough). Apart from those extra threads being frozen, everything is
vanilla.

Regards,

Nigel