[TuxOnIce-users] small heads-up: ToI write speed really low again
nix at esperi.org.uk
Tue Nov 9 21:24:57 UTC 2010
Since 2.6.35, no_flusher_thread 0 has caused a hard lockup on my 4-way
hyperthreaded Core i7 (the same one you did the speedup work on last
time). Unfortunately no_flusher_thread 1 is slower than ever:
TuxOnIce debugging info:
- TuxOnIce core : 3.2-rc2
- Kernel Version : 2.6.36-05058-g9a90c42-dirty
- Compiler vers. : 4.4
- Attempt number : 1
- Parameters : 0 667656 0 1 0 5
- Overall expected compression percentage: 0.
- Checksum method is 'md4'.
0 pages resaved in atomic copy.
- Compressor is 'lzo'.
Compressed 4485689344 bytes into 2076924369 (53 percent compression).
- Block I/O active.
- Max outstanding reads 3237. Max writes 14567.
Memory_needed: 1024 x (4096 + 328 + 104) = 4636672 bytes.
Free mem throttle point reached 0.
- Swap Allocator enabled.
Swap available for image: 6297478 pages.
- I/O speed: Write 96 MB/s, Read 296 MB/s.
- Extra pages : 9685 used/50000.
- Result : Succeeded.
Sometimes I see write speed as low as 40Mb/s :(
More information about the TuxOnIce-users